Afghanistan... basically a second honeymoon.


Well, I'm getting ready to leave for Afghanistan this weekend. Not only am I getting ready to depart on a huge adventure doing something that most people who knew me in high school would never have guessed I would grow up to do, but my husband is getting ready to do the same thing. While I leave this weekend (the same weekend as my birthday, go figure... Happy Birthday to me!!!), my husband, Nate will not be leaving until the middle of next month. It's like we are going on a "vacation" to a foreign country, at the same time, where the weather will be warmer and there will be sand... but without the cocktails or that whole being with each other aspect of it. I will be in a different location than Nate, so unfortunately we will not be spending anytime during this "vacation" together. However, knowing that I am on the other side of the world with Nate in the same country has a rather calming effect, irregardless of not being within close proximity. Hmm, I never knew I had the capability of being so positive.

I wanted to start this blog initially for family and friends to keep up with us on this crazy journey, but I think it will be my "comfort item" while I am gone. It will help me feel more connected to all the things I am leaving behind. I would love to open my experiences to you, and I hope you enjoy reading them as much as I am going to enjoy sharing.

Now on one of my last nights in the states for a year I think I am going to indulge in some ice cream, TV, and time with my husband before my "vacation" begins...


Labels: edit post
0 Responses

Post a Comment