Home Sweet Home... kind of.

I made it to my final destination a couple nights ago. Travel went surprisingly well. Upon arrival at the manifest site I was able to secure an awesome first class seat on the biggest plane I have ever seen. I'm talking full recling, glorious elbow room, bed-like, first class seat. What a way to celebrate my 25th birthday... however, it definitely would have been better if my husband could have at least been there. Speaking of him, I have actually gotten to have a few small conversations since deploying. It's been nice. It in a way keeps me sane. Time has been going very fast, and so far I'm doing really well. In a way I am glad that I never deployed, because many previous Iraq veterans are not used to the way things are in Afghanistan. For example, prior to getting to our final destination we stayed in tents outside for a few days without heat or electricity. Not too big of a deal... however, for those Soldiers who went to Iraq... unheard of. Sleeping 8-20 people to a tent instead of 2 man rooms... impossible. I actually went into the situation with that "glass half full" mentality and it has made the transition easier. We are awaiting the arrival of the rest of our unit, and I am excited to get into a routine. I think having a routine will make the time go by faster. (at least I am hoping so) Nate should be getting ready to leave soon as well. My countdown for R&R has already started, since I am hoping to go in the fall. The big countdown for redployment has already started too! Less than 365 sounds wayyyyyy better than a year. I think...
Labels: edit post
1 Response
  1. Kayla Says:

    glad to hear you made it there linds! we miss you already! (i had a "date" with your husband last night @stef and jakes, hope you don't mind! hehe) <333 keep an eye on the S2 will ya? ;-)
    (oh and don't forget i have a bog too: thelongbluedress.blogspot.com) XO


Post a Comment