Easter Sunday

Happy Easter! It's Easter Sunday here on Camp Spann, but it doesn't feel like Easter. I guess I really have nothing to compare what an Easter on a deployment is like... but it feels like any other day. My Soldiers did have an Easter egg hunt this morning, complete with plastic eggs and jellybeans. I think CSM ended up finding more than me, and he wasn't even participating. The sad thing is that Nate will be at home today eating a microwaveable turkey dinner (since our house is STILL in chaos due to the pipes breaking over the winter...) instead of having to sit through one of my "delicious" holiday feasts. Now that I think about it... he probably enjoys the microwaveable meal more. Last year at this time Nate had just moved up to Fort Drum and we had recently bought our house. Our Easter dinner was the first "real" meal we made together. This year I am eating an MRE for lunch. My how a year changes things. However, in that year we have learned so much and have continued to grow as a couple, so for that I am thankful.

As I write this, Nate is also getting ready to leave for the deployment. He will be on the opposite side of the country, but I am excited that he will be in the same time zone. I'm sure he is too, so that when I do get a chance to call I'm not accidentally waking him up at odd hours of the night.

Besides that, Camp Spann has been great. The Soldiers are eager to do their jobs and I am excited to see what the next year continues to bring.
0 Responses

Post a Comment