Only My Husband...

Things not to tell your wife while she is deployed to the other side of the world:
1. I lost my wallet with a large amount of cash in it.
2. Oh yea, the credit cards were in there too.
3. Don't forget about the debit cards.
4. And my ID.

Things to tell your wife after you told her the things you weren't supposed to ever tell her in the first place:
1. The MPs just brought it all back to me.






In other news... we have been at Camp Spann for over a month. Everyone is finally getting into their schedule, and is eager to keep the deployment moving. Last night was our company's patch ceremony. By regulation you are authorized to wear a combat patch after being in country one day. However most units wait until around the 30 day mark. Ours was last night. My Battalion XO, who's mentored me since I got to my unit was able to put the staff's patches on them. I know a lot of people say it's no big to have the patch ceremony, but I'm not one of those people. That combat patch is a source of huge pride for me. As I was growing up in Picture Rocks, PA (population of like literally 500 people) I was too caught up in cheerleading, boyfriends, and social circles to really give the military a thought. Now here I am today in Afghansitan. It's very surreal, and sometimes I have a hard time believing it. That patch ceremony meant so much more to me than just another piece of material on a uniform. It symbolizes the sacrifices that all Soldiers that have deployed have faced, the countless hours that have been spent at work, and the missions that people have gone on to make this area a better place. Oh yea... and I beat Nate to it. HAHA
3 Responses
  1. Kayla Says:

    HAHA when he told me what happened my first question was, "and what did you tell your wife?" He goes, "everything" I went "NATHAN!!!!"
    Oh well. Hopefully it'll be over soon! :)


  2. Anonymous Says:

    I can't believe him... lol!


  3. Unknown Says:

    I installed those cable trays and wired those outlets!


Post a Comment